Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Realization of My Dreams

"Every step I take brings me closer to the realization of my dreams." - Judi Moreo, You Are More Than Enough Achievement Journal

THE REALIZATION OF MY DREAMS
I have been writing since I was 10 years old. I filled many spiral notebooks with my writings. Everywhere I went, I had a notebook and a pencil.

I started writing for publication during the summer of 1999. My first children's ebook was published in May of 2000 with a publishing company that is no longer in business. I wrote more books and searched for a new publisher. Writers-Exchange became that publisher and they've published four of my children's books.

I've written articles on various topics for online newspapers, print newspapers and magazines, newsletters, and so on.

The paranormal has always intrigued me. So, having had some "unexplained" experiences of my own, I started jotting them down and soon wrote my first paranormal suspense novel called NOTES ON THE WINDOWSILL. This book was published with Zumaya Publications in 2004.

Now I'm not trying to sound as though I've never had rejections, believe me, I've had plenty from agents and publishers. I always keep in mind that Dr. Seuss' first book was rejected 72 times before he had his first sell. (Somehow it keeps me sane.)

I just finished the 3rd or 8th (lost count) edit on my newest novel THE ROOM IN THE HOUSE ON ELEANOR STREET. I know some of you are saying...how many times is she going to edit the darn thing - well...until I feel it is right. I am basically changing the storyline a bit...this process, as some of you know, takes quite a while. I have an agent or two lined up for sending the finished product to. But I have it with three readers right now (1 ELA teacher, and 2 college professors) with the hopes of getting some constructive advice.

I just sent out a children's book to two very interesting publishers. I do hope they are interested.

Just yesterday I started a new paranormal suspense novel. It's called THE CARLEIGH HOUSE. I'm about 5 pages in. :)

In October of 2004 I was offered a position of writing all front-page stories for a local newspaper called the Picket News. I took it and in February of 2005 I was offered the Editor position. Of course, I took it. I love this job. At home I write fiction. At work I write non-fiction. In May of 2007 I took over the position of Layout Design and still hold the position of Editor. So, not only do I write what goes in the paper and have the say on what goes in the paper, I also construct the material for printing.

I will never give up on my writing. It is something that I think about each and every day - it's like breathing...I HAVE to do it.

So, keep writing. And never give up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so great to see how you are making your dreams come true. Thank you for posting my journal on your blog and for becoming a part of my virtual tour. I so appreciate you doing this.

I know that 2008 will bring you to the realization of many more of your dreams. You are a beautiful person!

Judi

thewriterslife said...

And you are, too, Judi!

Jennifer, I'm over here because I wanted to let you know that you are our featured blogger today! I will be sending out promo so hopefully more people will stop by!